Thursday, February 01, 2007

scary world out there

......... trying to pluck up courage to do new things. I can talk to complete strangers and pass the time of day with them yet the idea of walking into a room where I know nobody is terrifying.
I need to get out and socialise more, I am in danger of becomong a recluse. Craft is a great conversation starter and I know once I get there I will be fine but already my stomach is in knots and I'm developng a headache A friend was supposed to be going with me but she can't go this week, she's one of these women who can talk to anybody and make friends easily. MY confidence is zilch at the moment and other than talking to shop assistants and one or two close friends on the phone thats about my limit. I feel that I am going to be judged - my hair, my clothes, my work will all be under scrutiny, I ac tually feel sick now. I know what I will do, I'll hang around the hall and see who goes in and then wait around and then turn round and come home. This is stupid I know, I must be brave, they are only women like me, what could they do to me, oh well nothing ventured nothing gained.

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say, at least I know then that I am not waffling along all on my own. Is there anybody out there............