Sunday, May 20, 2007


I cannot believe how time is flying and just how much my life is changing. I've been delving deep into my spirituality and discovered a lot of things, I was given a beautiful gift of an e-course (along the lines of The Secret) and it has affected me immensly, my attitude to certain things has changed, I see problems differently now. I have got rid of a lot of the fear I had in me, not fear of the bogey man or the unexplained. But fear that can stop you from moving forward. The fear of being judged, not being good enough, not mattering to people. I couldn't even go into a room of strange people without getting sick. Ronnies and the girls know how hard it was for me just to go down and visit, just getting on the plane was a nightmare. But now, well apart from skydiving and scuba diving I think I could tackle anything. Each day is a gift and that is how I treat it. There is no place in my life now for negativity. Apart from the odd outburst at dhead motorists I hardly ever get wound up.

I had an interview for a job last week, I couldn't retain any of the things I intended to say, so I thought what the heck, these people go to the loo just like everyone else so whats to be scared of. Even if I don't get the job I have gained. I now know I can 'do' interviews, I was told my interview technique was excellent. The people I meet that I used to be in awe of and thought that they were better than me I can now view as equals. My social circle is widening, I met a wonderful woman at a Red Hat Dinner for the Lionesses who wants me to join her very select bridge club at the Lake. Well, not sure about that one, no I'm not scared but at this present moment in time Bridge does not appeal to me.

I bought myself a new sound system today as well, just went in, chose the one I wanted (I was intending to look at microwaves - but have you tried singing along to one of them, just doesn't work for me LOL). Bugger the expense, its only money, no worries. I even paid $800 for my new glasses last week.

2 comments:

  1. Jan
    It's funny how everyone else sees you as a strong person...but often the first little steps are the most difficult.
    You're accepting that You are an individual and not just "so and so's mother" or grandmother or whatever.
    I think you've been immensely brave in the time I've known you,now be PROUD of who you are and what you do.
    Sincerely,Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan how wonderful to drop by and find such a positive post. I haven't been round much lately so it was a lovely surprise.

    hugest hugs and 'good on ya' onwards and upwards. Good luck with the job.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say, at least I know then that I am not waffling along all on my own. Is there anybody out there............