Finally at last and lets hope its back to stay, I missed it so much. I have dabbled but with my heart not in it, my joy had gone from humble stitchings. The pleasure I got from creating was fleeting, it didn't last. I had to push myself to get anything finished. It was a chore.
This month I have made 30 hats for the Guardian/Salvo's Homeless Appeal along with finishing off three pairs of gloves, 2 blankets and three scarfs to add to the Appeal. I decided that since the gingham blanket would never get finished because I couldn't get the colours anymore I would leave it as lap rug size, so it is officially off the UFO list and sits over the back of the sofa adding a splash of bright colour to the room.
The yarn stash has been depleted - over 2000 grams of yarn used in the making of the hats and the blankets. Some of the little bits have been used to make little flowers.
I've been designing new stitcheries for christmas and I'm well into stitching up the second one, I'm going to do two more - so it will be a series of 4, well maybe 5. Can't tell you what they are yet but I will be submitting them for publication in a couple of weeks so it could be a while before they meet the general public. I have so many ideas flying round amongst all the garbage in my head I need to do a bit of space clearing up there. Maybe now would be a good time to get myself organised once and for all.
I have to get myself a job, I've been cold-canvassing myself around town and had only one business get back to me - Not now sorry, try later in the year. I find it so demeaning having to phone businesses up, I'm no good as selling myself and I never know what to say, speaking of which I'd better get back to it and not leave it till the last minute before I have to see my job counselor.
Jan
Monday, June 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

SO glad your mojo has returned...do you think that possibly the creativity inside us is like a small spring fed pool...? when we go silly creating up a storm we deplete it so much that there is no pool left... we then have to wait for the level to rise again so that we can create a little more... nice thought! lol I have far to active an imagination! ;D
ReplyDeletegood luck with the job hunting, self promotion is hard... I struggle to talk about anything other than children and housework... I have become a social bore... lol good job I never socialise with normal people! lol
good luck and big hugs
Alex
x
Thank you for visiting my blog and becoming a follower. I can surely relate to the loss of mojo. I don't know if mine is back or not -and I'm not really sure I ever had mojo to begin with. I like how you express yourself. Come back to visit Stoney Hill any time.
ReplyDelete