Sunday, February 28, 2010

Isn't this fella gorgeous. Its a male golden orb spider and its web was about 10ft across over one of the garden beds at Yuraga Native PLant Nursery. Apparently I had walked through the females web but luckily she wasn't home,  as she's twice the size of the male.  I can handle spiders like this if I can see them and I can make a quick get-away if it starts towards me.
My friend picked me up after she'd been to the markets (I didn't feel like going) and we went off to Mareeba.  They just put a coffee shop in the garden centre so we had little lunch - savoury muffins with a chilli chutney and passion fruit mango cheesecake for pudd sat under the shade of rainforest trees with the most amazing butterflys fluttering by.  We hit a couple of garage sales on the way home but they were rubbish - literally, its amazing what some people will try and sell, when we went past later they'd put everything on the footpath with a big FREE sign on them. 
  Sunday has been quiet, #3 son and his girlfriend called in, dropped his washing off, rummaged around in the shed on the scrounge again and then took off to go see his brother. Matts cooking a chicken curry for dinner, so I'm taking it easy. 
I've done a bit of cross stitch and read a few more pages of a book and now I've got the dreaded power surges starting so I'm going to go lie down under the fans. They started again with a vengeance yesterday, I thought I was going to explode like a volcano.  Last day of summer today, the weather should start cooling down.  Can't wait for winter.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness.... I could not handle bumping into a spider that big... I would have pooped myself! lol

    I still find it hard to comprehend that you are just finishing your summer while we are patiently (not) waiting for spring to arrive... I love the idea of sitting under some rainforest trees eating my lunch... which by the way sounds very scrummy indeed...

    its the usual dull drizzly damp English day over here... we had sunshine yesterday so we can't complain... but hten again were English... its what we do best! lol

    big hugs
    Alex
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say, at least I know then that I am not waffling along all on my own. Is there anybody out there............