Tuesday, February 23, 2010

TUESDAY 23rd Feb

just typed the date, realised its a friends birthday in the UK so must send a quick birthday email, that means its my mums on friday.  Feb and august seem to be busy months for me, well I stuffed up Feb so if I start now I should get some gifts made for august.  I actually have a calender now, not that I use it - I can't even find it. But when I do I'll be writing down all the dates this year I need to remember.  I used to be the keeper of the birthdays and special dates - my late hubby and his late brother always had to be reminded and then I ended up reminding everyone else.  Now I'm the one that has to be reminded. I actually forgot my grandaughters 7th birthday last year - this earned me the title BAAAAAAAAAAD, BAAAAAAAAAAD Grandma.  I still busy trying to earn brownie points to get back in her good books.

Today I have to do all the things I was going to do yesterday - ironing, vacumming, dusting, clean the bathroom.  Yesterday I got stuck into finishing the doll off, she's all ready and the pattern has been triple checked over.  I'm going to make another doll just to check it a fourth time, then I'm going to make them an amigurumi bear or dog. 

For all the friends and reli's that read this - I'm fine, I'm functioning properly, I'm a bit strapped for cash but the bills are all paid and I have petrol in the car and food in the cupboard. I do get a bit tired but the diabetes and heart problems are all under control. I know what I can and can't do. Yes, I do need a man about the place as things are starting to fall apart but its not stressing me out so it shouldn't stress you out.  I do get down occassionaly but don't we all. Please do not read between the lines - there isn't anything there.

Well sitting here isn't going to get the day started - first bung the washing in (last time I put the washing machine on I forgot to put the clothes in - oooopsie), then attack the spiders and their webs - for some reason they are all congregating in the bathroom, the ants are getting bad again so I'm surface spraying everywhere they go, then after I've done that it should be coffee time and then off to do the vacumining.
I don't have any shopping to do but I'll go down to the library this arvo, I'm getting through 6 books a week.
 Okay better get off and get started.

jan

1 comment:

  1. I am intrigued with the crochet dolls... do you design them for a publication? I have just found (online) a pattern for a lovely little mouse... I am going to make a load more but I have used those little plastic eyes and you put them on once you have completed the nose and head... after that as you crochet in the round the eyes keep coming around to stare at you... its a little un-nearving! lol

    I keep putting off the housework... and the last time I put a load of washing in I forgot the detergent... doh!

    I have washing up and hoovering to do... yuk! but Danny is off to pre-school this afternoon so I suppose I shall do some then... or maybe I will do a little crochet! after all there will be more mess on the floor and pots by the sink tomorrow! lol ;D

    take care and big hugs
    Alex
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say, at least I know then that I am not waffling along all on my own. Is there anybody out there............