Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Thrown into the jobmarket arena

Its like being thrown to the lions.  I'm expected to find part time work for between 8 - 14 hours a week. My son and a few of my friends can't even get any wether it part or full time work. But I have to make the effort and look like I am trying.  I'm going to tart up my resume and send it off to a few places. I fancy being a mystery shopper.  I have a small part time cleaning job and that will count for one job looked for this week - I have to look for 5.  I will use the job agency to my advantage, see what courses I can do, what help I can get and it kills a morning or afternoon once a fortnight.  Don't get me wrong - I do want to work, but I know my limitations and what I can do. Unfortunately Centrelink doesn't see it that way - I'm fit enough to work so I have to accept anything that is offered me.   I do need to work, I am just about managing to get by on welfare, I'm very good at juggling finances  and I can make meals out of just about anything.  I shop when the specials are on, I buy all my clothes from o-shops and I was brought up to mend and make do.  But it would be so nice to not have to worry about finding money for certain things, going without so I can get a new tyre for the car. 
Well thats my whinge for the month over and done with, its gone, out of the way.  All in all though I am happy with my life and I shouldn't whinge.

I bought a new pair of step ladders today. Its something I've been meaning to get for a while and I trudged round town this morning in the drizzle looking for the best price.  Anything from 90 down to 24 dollars. I only need them for cleaning the ceiling fans and tops of windows so it wasn't necessary to go all out for the expensive ones so I treated myself to the $24 ones from Big W. 

Better get back to my cleaning, 3 more loads of bedding to do and wash down the paintwork. and thats if for today and then I can tackle my own house.

1 comment:

  1. Its rough out there, whatever country your in... I am so lucky that my partner supports me so that I can be a stay at home mum...

    good luck and fingers crossed

    x Alex

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say, at least I know then that I am not waffling along all on my own. Is there anybody out there............