Friday, April 02, 2010

Its a great day for...........

...........screaming from the rooftops. I  HAVE FOUND FAMILY.  I've been researching my family history and to cut a long story a little bit shorter (not much shorter) I found family. Here in Australia and New Zealand.  I took a long shot and contacted a couple of people I found on a website guestbook yesterday and the rest is history - my history.  The emails have been shooting back and forth and this morning we spoke on the phone.  We share a  great great great grandfather but blood is blood and as far as I am concerned we are family.
We also share a love of craft which is a double bonus.
I've been on a high all day. My son ended up having to cook dinner because I was busy on the puter,  NCIS is on and I can't even focus on Mark Harmon.

Will life ever be the same again.

Jan

1 comment:

  1. Your life will never be the same again now you are 'into geneology'. How exciting to find information though! I am lucky in that I have/had several senior family members who passed on their notes [and books!!] to me as I expressed interest.
    My daughter is just beginning to show an interest [she is 41] and at the moment I am contemplating doing a book [like a scrapbook] for her. Have the cover sorted in my mind, and lots of photos. Its just the putting them altogether that will take the time.
    This same daughter loved wearing clothes I made for her when she was going to school, but now isn't interested in what I sew. Ah well ... we can't have it all ways. While I played with buttons as a child she never did ... her brothers were more interested.
    And, before I go, I too ramble, on and on, and on. Truly it isn't such a terrible vice ... well I don't think it is.
    Thank you for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say, at least I know then that I am not waffling along all on my own. Is there anybody out there............