Woke up this morning after a great nights sleep. Decided I'd get up early and make a start cleaning the holiday home next door. Stripped beds, washed down paintwork, c leaned out the fridge and stove. Normally I can only go an hour before I need to rest but hit two hours before I decided it was coffee time, I knew if I pushed myself to do more I would be a wreck the next day. Went into town to the bank, parked the car the other side of town and walked, the bank was dead, it was very unnerving. Nipped in the op-shop on the way back to the car and got some cutlery and two gorgeous table-runners and a book on dream interpretation, I did also put a cute little porcelain napkin holder with a pig on the counter but for some reason she didn't ring it through. Believe me my dreams are hollywoood blockbusters. I even went to the big library, got caught looking at Sex in Dreams and How to date like an Adult - I was curious, thats all. Came home and got stuck into next door again and finished it off, I'll do a quick check tomorrow to make sure I got everything and then its all ready for renting again. The owners are in Japan at the moment so it might be empty for a while.
It was strange because I kept expecting to get breathless, I sat down and felt great, no chest pains, no burning muscles. Not used to this feeling. But I know that I should pace myself so going to settle down for an evening of reading and meditation.
The crocheted doll sits by my chair with half a head of hair, she looks cute but I think maybe she might not be suitable for Handmade magazine, but when she is finished I'll take a photo and email the editor and see what she thinks. I have the angel stitcheries to finish. I had started a series of them, Bad Hair Day angel was published a few years ago and then with everything that happened Esme never got finished and the unnamed ones in the drawing pad never even got onto the calico. So I'll make a conscious effort to get at least Esme finished.
I am not going to stress out over anything. if I miss the submission deadline, then I've missed it, if I don't get around to having my grandkids for the day this week then theres next week, I'm quite happy with a jam butty for tea and if I want to lie in bed till 10 a.m. then I will. The other night I couldn't sleep, so at 1.30 a.m. there I was propped up in bed eating hot buttery toast, drinking tea and reading a very funny novel, I am sure my hysterical laughing carried down the very quiet street. The tele has hardly been on since we got rid of Austar (pay TV), i do miss Corri and Eastenders even though they were a few months behind the UK but I can always check out the websites. I've given up on The Bill, once Reg went that was it. Watched it right from the beginning.
Well thats a bit more catch-up. Aphoto for the reli's - Ryan and his girlfriend Linda on christmas day.
Hope all that snow is melting.
Jan
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

+dec+25th+09+(1).jpg)
sounds like a busy and productive day. so glad you're feeling good and were able to get so much done. take care of yourself.
ReplyDelete