Since I no longer work, all the days seem to blend into one another. I have no set routine anymore, I wash bedding when I feel like it, I shop at odd times of the day, I go to town when I need stuff. Meals are eaten at odd times or whenever one of us can be bothered to cook. Things are done on the spur of the moment.
After nearly 18 years have I finally become a banana bender. Far North Queensland time is different than anywhere else, its 'she'll be right mate, no worries mate' Everything is so laid back, things done at a much slower pace. Just recently though I have been getting very impatient with shop assistants. I want in, grab my shopping, pay for it and then out again. I don't want chit chat. Is this the last little bit of britishness holding fiercely on, tea (dinner) at five, lunch at 12, washing on MOndays, shopping on fridays.
Its not just Monday that feels like a SUnday, its everyday. I really don't want to go back to the old ways, I like being laid-back. It suits me fine. Am I becoming a grumpy old lady - is it the 'change'. My sons say ' nah ma, you've always been a crabby mad old witch'. Maybe it isn't just passion for the stitch I need maybe its passion for all things in life, maybe I need a good kick up the bum. Charming children I've got!
Not really sure where this post is going, ramblings and rantings aside I am in need of something. I need the fire in me. (or lit under me !).
jan
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing what you have to say, at least I know then that I am not waffling along all on my own. Is there anybody out there............