Sunday, January 31, 2010

Windswept

Well we certainly got the interesting weather that they predicted. A few hundred kilometres of us they are getting battered by storms. OLGA must have been one of the most confusing cyclones ever. Poor darling didn't know what she was at times.  Our little part of Queensland fared quite well and kept us all on our toes.
Some of the roads inland are blocked and my friends partner can't get home from Mount Isa because all the roads are cut off.  The winds are howling around the house now, its times like these I wish I had a pot belly stove to curl up in front of.  I got all the shopping done yesterday, bumped into No.1 son and his family at the store so I had the pleasure of my gran'daughters helping me. 

I really should be crafting now, I need to get some amigurumi patterns down and made up and start designing something for submission.  I hate making those first attempts.  I've disciplined myself to make preperations rather than just jump straight in. Took many years of froggings and ripping before I finally 'got it'.  I suppose I'm procrastinating (one of my all time bad habits). There are so many things that need to be done before I can sit down at the drawing board so to speak.  Its times like these that I actually get things done around the house - the ironing, that mould spot on the kitchen ceiling, cleaning the grout in the shower area, anything other than actually sitting down and designing.  Well I'd better get off -theres a big pile of  clean washing wants sorting, the dog wants bathing (well, she doesn't 'want' she 'needs') and I've all these blogs to read.

Jan

1 comment:

  1. That's a good point abot getting the other work done. I'm in a bit of a slump like that myself. And then there are the times when the housework can go jump because we can't stop the crafting. lol Cherrie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say, at least I know then that I am not waffling along all on my own. Is there anybody out there............