
I know I said no piccys today but couldn't resist this one.
Picked up a load of old knitting and crochet books from the op-shops today. Just how revolting is this. It reminds of something out of an old sci-fi movie. Its in an old american book - Aunt Lydia's' heavy rug yarn book. Its supposed to be a doll, obviously some sort of mutant that would give kids nightmares for years.
The book also has some delightful patterns for loo roll covers, just what I have been looking for for a while. I'm sure they could be brought into the 21st century and the pattern modernised. ONLY JOKING. If you ever hear or see a loo roll cover on my needles take me out to the paddock and shoot me.
I'm going to post a drawing of a jacket I had years ago, feeling a bit nostalgic. I wore it till it became fit for only the dogs bed. Mum knit it from a either a womans weekly pattern or a Weekend send away for pattern. (UK). It was bottle green and lined.
Jan

The return of the mutant space man!
ReplyDeleteLooks like an early 70's pattern Jan.
Might make a good loo bowl cleaner!