........which doesn't say much as in the next five minutes it could be grey with rainclouds.
Today I want to start on the embellishment of a cq block, its for a forum friends daughter and various people have worked on it before me, I just hope I can keep the standard up. I have amassed a few bits of lace and braid and sparkly things over the past year, donated by friends keen to get me sucked into the passion of cq'ing. Yes you know who you are.
Mik seems to be slipping in and out of conciousness more and more each day, the morphine is injected by a syringe pump over the course of 24 hrs and the blue nurse comes in each day and refills it. Sometimes he wants me to just sit on the bed and just hold hands, sometimes I read bits from the UK newspaper but he drifts away. In his lucid moments he talks to friends on the phone, manages to get up to the toilet and maybe watches the news for a few minutes. He was hoping to be well enough to go to our newest grandbabys naming ceremony tomorrow but i don't think there is even the remotest possibility of that happening. I feel that it would be more upsetting for the family to see him struggling than for him not to be there. One of her god fathers is stuck in Brisbane and can't get a flight, close family friends have other commitments and MIks brother is too sick to travel up the range again. My dils brther is going to record it for us so we can see it on the computer. I have so much I need to do, but all I am doing is the basics, put the washing machine on first thing, a quick vacumn of the cobwebs that have blossomed over night, tidy the kitchen and bathroom and thats it. Most of my day is spent running back and forth getting MIks drinks, cleaning sick buckets out, remaking the bed, making smoothies to make sure he is getting some nourishment, I constantly check up on him - making sure the pump is working, no twists in the tube etc. The phone never stops ringing, I'm constantly telling it to just piss off. can't take it off the hook else people would start to worry and then they'd be round to see what is up. I can't really be bothered to talk to anybody, I know his family need to have that connection to him, they need to tell us every day that they are thinking of us and they love us so much so I have to grit my teeth and be nice, I know if they didn't ring i would be upset that they were neglecting us. Living isn't easy and neither is dying.
Jan
Friday, November 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing what you have to say, at least I know then that I am not waffling along all on my own. Is there anybody out there............