Sorry no piccys now, maybe later. I promised someone i'd take piccys of the stuff MIks made from dump finds so I'll do that later.
Well Yesteday was eventful, I had to rush over to the next town to pick up Miks meds and do a quick shop, someone told me that the Spar had bananas in at $4 a kilo, I was too late they'd all gone and the Cavandish ones had gone up to $15.99 a kilo. Paw Paw was $13 a kilo as well but I managed to pick up a small piece for a couple of dollars. Miks surviving on fruit smoothies so we are going through heaps of fruit, luckily his bro and sil brings up peaches, nectarines and plums from Rusty's down on the coast. If we are lucky we will find a roadside stall selling bananas cheaply, but since the cyclone ruined all the banana farms they are like hens teeth. After the Blue nurse had been and put in the syringe pump I went into another town in the opposite direction to get a new gas bottle for the cook top, take Ryans centrelink form in and do battle with them and arrange an account at the chemist. All do no problems, easy peasy. Just getting into the outskirts of the village when the car in front brakes and swerves around something, I think its a snake as its long and brown but then realise just a second too late that its also pointed with prongs. Snakes I can handle, pitchforks is another matter. Didn't quite miss it and as I heard the pop and the thud i realised I'd hit it. I managed to pull off the road, none of the cars behind me stopped to help and the guy who's ute had shed its load all over the road didn't appear to be coming to see the damage. There was a big gouge at the bottom of the wheel arch and the door and all the paint scraped off the bottom of the door frame plus a big hole in my tyre. The guy got in his ute and I thought he was going to come to my aid but no he just drove off. I remembered a second too late that I had my digital camera in my bag. I managed to limp home and the tyre was flapping by the time i pulled in the driveway. . I couldn't get the wheel off myself (I did try) so had to get my neighbour to help me and even he struggled.
We are seriously thinking of taking the phone off the hook at nights. We love our family dearly but the constant phone calls are driving us mad. I usually post an email to everyone every other day so mthey know how MIk is, we gt all our friends phoning up every day, offering help but at the moment we feel that we are being overwhelmed by it all, we get no time to ourselves.
Just as soon as we get comfortable and are just relaxing, the phones goes. we just want to be left alone so we can have time together. There isn't much of it left and I know we will have to have there help sooner or later but now we just want time for us.
I suppose I'd better get off and get the ironing done so I can get dressed, losssiking around in my jammys all day sound appealing but I do have to go and get some more meds from the chemist and I might get a few funny looks.
Jan
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing what you have to say, at least I know then that I am not waffling along all on my own. Is there anybody out there............