Can't think straight, can't drive straight and can't stitch straight. Can't settle to anything. I think its overload. Just too many things to do. I went in the craft shop this morning and came out with four balls of wool in colours I never use but they suddenly appealed to me. I'm trying to get rid of my wool stash by finishing off a load of ufo's and knitting a few chrissy presents for friends in colder climes, so I go out and buy more. I have over 50 ufo's floating around in various hiding places, about a dozen w.i.p.s on the go and flagged projects to last the next three years. My husband is dying, well the doctors say he is but try telling him that, he's past the first doctors six months and he's now going for the surgeons 12 months. We've lost track of the people we bump into who say 'aren't you supposed to be dead'. They are even taking bets on when he will go. I know it all sound hard and unfeeling but we've done all the emotional weeping and wailing and are now just getting on with everything. In fact most people think we are WEIRD. The family think we are in denial, they expect us to be weeping and wailing and pulling out hair and just being depressed all the time - I can do that quite easily but have chosen not to. So dh potters in his shed, making wooden boxes and things for the family as gifts and for me to sell when the money gets tight. I craft away, the kids fight and argue as per normal, life goes on. But sometimes things just get too much, I have to multitask - taking kids to work, picking dh's friend up, taking him home, picking kids up, phoning up organisations to see if we can get any help, organising the genetic testing, making sure all the paperwork is sorted, paying bills, shopping, cooking, cleaning - and thats just this morning. Even the ten minutes I'm in here is broken up by me running to the iron, washing pots etc. I am a very selfish person where my time is concerned, its mine, all mine and woebetide anyone who trys to take it from me.
jan
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing what you have to say, at least I know then that I am not waffling along all on my own. Is there anybody out there............